Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My baby is weaning

Truman has been working on weaning for a few weeks now, but I think this current cold has pushed him over the edge. We were down to just one nursing session a day--right before bed. He's only nursed once since he's been sick this time. Even though I said all along that as long as he nursed for at least a year, once he was past that, I would let him lead the weaning. I'll keep offering for a few more weeks before I completely give up. I guess 19 months is a pretty good run. Still, it's sad.

On another note, even without nursing, he'll still be exclusively on breast milk for some months yet because of the enormous freezer stash. He's currently using May 2007 milk. Frozen milk lasts a year in the deep freeze, so let's keep our fingers crossed that he stays ahead of the one-year-mark or I might cry if we have to throw some of it away.

No comments: