Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Letters, Numbers, and Colors, Oh My!

Last night, Truman demonstrated that he can count to three. Today, he counted to six for one of his therapists. When I came home from work today, he correctly told me my shoes were yellow and this his truck was blue. He identified the letters in his alphabet puzzle and told me "Pee-kuhl" (his version of Pickles, our cat) when he picked up the letter P. He has taken to calling himself Tru-Ey (yes, he can finally identify himself with more than just his sign!!) and me Ma-Baba.

As his therapist asked, "Who is this kid and where did Truman go"? Life is good.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hi folks...I just wanted to say that I'm so happy to see that Truman continues to have so much success! I believe that is as much a mark of his own brightness and tenacity as that of his parents! I admire you all! Hope you have a super fall!
Best,
Erin