Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Perfectly normal baby girl

I just spoke with my OB's nurse. We got the chromosomal tests back. It was a girl. The baby did not have any chromosomal abnormalities. We had already learned that there were no tissue abnormalities with the baby and that she was visually developing fine on ultrasound. So, by all accounts, she was a perfectly healthy baby girl. The doctor is supposed to call tomorrow to talk about what we do next. Due to the timing of this miscarriage (and particularly when compounded by what happened with Truman), things are pointing to a blood or other biochemical problem with me that could give us more fertility issues to come. So, it's on to testing of me presumably. This is devastating news.

This is my second baby who was perfectly fine to have suffered because of some problem with me. I know it's not my "fault," but it's still sucks nonetheless.

3 comments:

Sezer said...

I'm so sorry. After losing many pregnancies and going through all of the tests, the drs could not find anything wrong with me. Then, lo and behold, I move to NC and my new dr did yet one more test, to discover that I have a blood clotting disorder. It's not pleasant to give myself injections to sustain a pregnancy, but worth it. And, I was relieved to have finally gotten some answers.

Please try not to blame yourself, which I know, is nearly impossible. Losing a pregnancy is so devastating. I hope you get some answers quickly. Please feel free to contact me if you ever need support - I've been there.

Stephanie

Kara said...

Thanks, Stephanie. Do you mind if I ask what the disorder was? I am trying to gather as much info as possible to make we get all the right tests done. You can e-mail me at kaltenbaumer@hotmail.com.

Sezer said...

Just in case you didn't get the e-mail I sent, I have a genetic mutation called Factor V Leiden. Daily injections seem to be working to keep me pregnant!
Steph