Monday, April 9, 2012

24 Weeks

At the Ennis Bluebonnet Trails
I am now officially 24 weeks, 1 day pregnant -- a full eight days past the point at which I delivered Truman.  Everything looks great.  No signs of premature labor or a shortening cervix.  The baby is now measuring 1 lb, 14.5 ounces, which is about a week-and-a-half ahead of schedule.  Other than back pain and already feeling quite unwieldy, I feel great.  

Truman continues to ask lots of questions about when his baby brother is coming and what birth will be like for me.  It is occurring to me that we need to start getting ready for this baby.  We've got a new nursery to prepare, a name to pick out, classes to attend.  Even though this is our second child, it's beginning to look like we could actually have a full-term healthy baby, and we know nothing about "take home" babies.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Kara I can't wait to meet Truman's litle brother. No offense but I hope to walk down the hall to newborn to meet him. Though you know i'll be there for you if he has to join us NICU gals again.

Kara said...

I'm planning on it being a long walk from the NICU.