Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Safety Cuteness

Truman only gets yelled at by Mama for two things -- getting too close to the street and the swimming pool. We'll probably have to add the fireplace to that this year. The lessons have worked.

Last week, Truman and I were playing in the front yard while the boys across the street (8 and 12) were playing ball in their front yard. Truman grabbed me by the finger and led me to the curb. It took a while to realize he wanted me to lead him across the street. Then last night, we were down the street visiting two other preschoolers. When the other two decided to step down into the street to play with the leaves gathered in the gutters, Truman and I were on the curb. He kept pushing me from behind toward the street until I realized he wanted down into the street, too. So, I grabbed a pile of leaves for him and put them on the curb.

My little boy may be growing up, but he still knows he needs his Mama for the scary stuff in this world. :)

No comments: