Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Truman has an announcement



Truman is proud to announce that he is going to be a big brother. His brother or sister is due April 27. We had our first sonogram yesterday. The baby has a strong heartbeat at 168 bpm (looking for anything above 100 at this point) and is currently measuring 6 days ahead.

This will be a long (hopefully), carefully monitored pregnancy. Of particular importance for any pregnancy I have is that my cervical measurement looks good at 4.3. We want to stay above 2.5. The fun begins on October 13 when I have the cerclage procedure. Super intense monitoring will begin in November when I reach the danger zone for IC.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

I was just thinking of your family and came to check your blog and WOW!!!! What an incredible announcement, congratulations!! :)

abby said...

Congratulations, Ben, Kara, and Truman. That's great news. I hope that your pregnancy is as long as uneventful as Sharon's was with Lea (who was born at 39 weeks even) and that you have a lovely, healthy, full term kiddo.

Sezer said...

CONGRATS! I wish you a long and healthy pregnancy. We are expecting our second one in February (it's a BOY!), and I'm also being monitored closely - gotta love high risk pregnancies! I truly hope everything goes very well! Keep us posted!

Stephanie Ezerman

Susan said...

A big congratulations to all of you - I know you're excited! Many prayers for a healthy, full-term pregnancy!

FFF said...

OMG! Congatulations you guys! Kara, I will have to call you tomorrow.

Lisa said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you all. I will pray for a healthy term delivery. Keep me posted. No repeat in NICU ok?