Monday, January 7, 2008

Growth charts are depressing.



Just thought I would share Truman's most recent growth chart from my online monitoring of his chart. We measure him based on adjusted age, so he should be with the other 13-month-olds for comparison. Clearly, he's never been on the chart, but he used to at least be following the curve, even if at a slightly flatter pace. Now, the line for the last two months is just flat.
So much for the myth that all preemies catch up in two years. It should would be nice not to have to worry about every ounce.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I am sorry Truman is giving you so much grief. But then he always has had his own way of doing things!

rgresh said...

I know how looking at the growth charts can be. Corbin was in the 3% for his height because of the problems his tumor is causing on his pituitary function. We started growth hormone the 11th of December so we are hoping to start seeing change. I've learned to realize not to look at those charts-besides those charts are based on strictly formula fed babies...they are looking at making a chart for breastfeeding moms. Even Madalyn my new addition is below on the charts because I'm a breastfeeding mom.