Monday, April 14, 2008

Sick again

Truman is sick ... again. It's another cold-type something. However, this time the accompanying vomit is even worse than usual. Last night, for the first time, we saw him wretch even after his belly was empty, and he continued wretching for some time. It was so sad. He couldn't keep anything down last night. And unlike his usual vomiting, this one clearly either hurt or scared him.

And, no, it's not a stomach bug. The throwing up is because of the nasal drainage. With his super-sensitive gag reflex and propensity to vomit anyway, the slightest coughing or runny nose can set him off.

There is no way he hasn't lost weight because his appetite is way down and the only thing that will stay down is unfortified breast milk. We haven't been able to keep solids down him for days, and of tomorrow, he will have been sick for a week.

1 comment:

Sezer said...

I'm sorry Truman is so sick. I was actually just posting to say that Truman is so super cute it is almost painful! I loved the 10 things about a tiny child. I've got to say though, that I still can't touch the ground on many ride-on toys! Just joking (but, really, I can't touch the ground sitting in most adult chairs - I prefer the ones at elementary schools...) I will keep Truman in my thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery!
Steph